PROPOSAL A- HOUSING SITES, ST MARYS
The following land on St. Mary's is allocated for local need and key worker housing:
- 0.34ha adjoining Coastguard Bungalows, Telegraph capable of accommodating a minimum of 15 houses and a social facility such as a shop or pub.
- 0.36ha on the eastern side of McFarland's Down north of the junction with Pungies Lane capable of accommodating a minimum of 8 houses.
- 0.06ha of derelict farm buildings adjoining and to the south east of Normandy Farmhouse capable of accommodating a terrace of 6 units of social housing for rent.
A development brief for the each site must be agreed with the Local Planning Authority before any planning applications for individual plots are approved.
Infrastructure must be in place for the entire site before work commences on any individual plot.
56. The proposals provide for about 30 new homes to make a substantial contribution towards meeting the needs of St. Mary's over the next ten years.
57. The allocations provide a longer term approach to meeting housing need. They are well located to accommodate development and have good transport accessibility. The site at Normandy Farm aims to make best use of land occupied by redundant buildings and build on an existing nucleus of housing.
58. It is considered that sites can be accommodated in character and within the established settlements on the off-islands to provide 3 homes on St. Agnes, 5 on Bryher, 7 on Tresco and 5 on St. Martin's over the same period.