A practical sewing course for complete beginners or those with some experience. The course content will be learner-driven, and will include the basics of sewing, including altering and mending garments, and to make a simple garment or household item. The course will cover all aspects, including choice of equipment, measuring, types of fabrics and their uses and much more.
Advice will be given on choice of fabric and pattern for garments to be made.
1. To learn to sew with specific objectives in mind, in an informative and fun environment.
2. To gain confidence by carrying out learner-driven tasks, and to understand what materials and equipment are necessary for different tasks.
3. To learn how to access materials and information using the internet
4. To use the skills learnt on the course to be able to continue creative sewing independently after the end of the course
5. To be able to progress to a more advanced course at a later date.
There is a possibility of breaking for half term.