On St Mary’s the Council operates a weekly household collection service for both your waste and your recycling.
The Council will collect your dry mixed recycling sacks on the same day your black bag waste is collected.
The Council ask that the following points are carried out at all times to avoid collections being refused.
· All household waste, including cold ash must be presented in tied black bin liners. Bin liners need to be purchased by the householder, and will not be provided by the Council.
· All refuse must be presented at the boundary of your property for collection. If you have any mobility problems preventing you from carrying this out then please see our Assisted Collection Program
· All household recycling must be presented in the council's household recycling sacks (blue). Recycling sacks will be provided by the council twice a year to council tax paying properties.
· All mixed recycling must be presented at the boundary of your property for collection. If you have any mobility problems preventing you from carrying this out then please see our Assisted Collection Program
· All mixed recycling must be clean and dry before placing it in the recycling sacks. The sack must be tied at the top to keep items dry
It is the Council’s recommendation that waste be contained in a dustbin with the lid firmly in place to prevent animals interfering with your waste. If refuse bags become torn it is the responsibility of the householder to clean up any mess.
Any bulky waste or recycling will not be collected. To see more information on bulky waste and recycling click HERE.