Please note that a booking system is currently in place for all visits to the HWRC to dipose of waste & recycling.
Spaces are limited throughout the week to ensure we can operate the site safely.
Please allow at least a week's notice before booking a visit.
Please do not visit the site if you have any symtoms of Coronavirus, or are following a period of isolation.
Please consider whether a visit is necessary
To make a booking please call 01720 424450 (voicemail only) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Porthmellon HWRC allows householders on St Marys to dispose of their household waste & recycling that can't be collected at the kerbside.
The HWRC on St Mary's is open on Tuesday's and Thursday's from 13.00-16.45 for the acceptance of household waste & recycling.
How do I access the site?
You will need to first book a slot by either emailing email@example.com or calling 01720 424450 (voicemail only). You can only access the site once you have a confirmed visiting slot. This applies to pedistrians who may wish to visit the site.
What materials are accepted?
The following materials are accepted free of charge for householders, without restrictions*:
- residual 'black bag' waste (in black sacks)
- dry mixed recycling (in blue sacks)
- green garden waste
- electrical items (small and large e.g TVs, washing machines, kettles, irons, toasters)
- bulky waste items (e.g mattresses, furniture)
- household batteries
- household & garden chemicals
The following materials are accepted with charges, and visits are limited to 6 times a year:
- Extra-ordinary household DIY waste (read more & download guidance here)
- Car, motorbike, golf buggy tyres
* you must bring the items to site yourselves. If you instruct a third party haulier to bring waste to site on your behalf, commercial waste fees and charges will apply.
** restrictions apply for the disposal of this hazardous material. All bonded-asbestos must be doubled bagged and prior arrangement must be made before bring to site. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.