The Local Plan is the statutory development plan for the Isles of Scilly and forms the basis for decisions on land use planning. You can read the Local Plan and the associated policy maps at the following links:
The Local Plan is also available to download in smaller sections (PDF) as follows:
- Cover, Foreword and Introduction
- Section 1: Spatial Portrait
- Key Issues and Challenges
- Spatial Vision and Strategy
- Promoting a Sustainable Scilly - Policies SS1 - SS10
- Our Outstanding Environment - Policies OE1 - OE7
- Building a Strong Living Community - Policies LC1 - LC9
- Building a Strong Working Community - Policies WC1 - WC5
- Policies Map Isles of Scilly
- Policies Map St Mary's
- Policies Map - St Martins
- Policies Map - St Agnes
- Policies Map - Bryher and Tresco
- Policies Map - All Islands
The Authority received the Inspector's Report on 23rd February 2021. The report concluded that the Local Plan was 'sound' subject to a number of Main Modifications suggested by the Authority. It also set out the Inspector's findings on matters which were discussed during the examination hearing sessions held in January 2020.
Inspector's Report (including the schedule of main modifications which are incorporated into the above adopted Local Plan).
Following receipt of the Inspector's Report the Authority formally adopted the Local Plan on 25th March 2021.
- Sustainability Appraisal - Scoping Report, Public Consultation - OCT-NOV 2015
- Regulation 18 - Local Plan Review, Public Consultation -JUN-JUL 2015
- Regulation 18 - Draft Local Plan, Public Consultation - MAR-MAY 2018
- Regulation 19 - Pre-Submission Draft Local Plan, Public Consultation - FEB-APR 2019
- Regulation 19 - Submission Draft Local Plan, Public Consultation - AUG-SEPT 2019
- SUBMISSION & EXAMINATION OF THE LOCAL PLAN January 2020
- MAIN MODIFICATIONS as recommended by the Local Plan Inspector following Examination in Public - September - November 2020
How Can I Get Involved? Statement of Community Involvement
Temporary changes to the SCI as a result of Covid-19
Planning Practice Guidance (PPG) was updated in May 2020 in light of the Covid-19 pandemic and recommended that council’s review their SCI and update it in light of the government’s guidelines for helping prevent the spread of the disease. As a result, the council is making some temporary amendments to the requirements set out in the adopted SCI. These are to protect the health of our communities and staff, while still ensuring that the council can continue to successfully conduct its planning functions in a manner which is underpinned by extensive and effective community engagement.
All future consultation on the Local Plan will follow the Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) which was adopted by the Council in September 2015 (and updated in February 2018) following a round of public consultation. The SCI can be viewed in the link on the right. This statement sets out the methods by which we engage with the community and our statutory consultees.
When Can I Get Involved? Local Plan Timetable (Local Development Scheme)
You can find out about the planned progress of the Local Plan Review in the Key Stages Timetable (post local plan adoption LDS to be published shortly in the 2021/22 AMR). This is also known as the Local Development Scheme (LDS). Whilst the Council produced a number of previous LDS documents in preparation of the the now adopted Local Plan, which remain available to view on the archive pages, a new LDS will be published shortly to cover the preparation and consultation of supplementary planning documents. If you would like to be kept informed about local plan and be consulted directly then you can be added to our Local Plan Consultation Database by completing the Registration Form to the right of this page.