Isles of Scilly Local Plan 2015-2030
The Council of the Isles of Scilly has formally adopted the Isles of Scilly Local Plan 2015-2030 at Full Council on 25th March 2021. This Plan is now the statutory development plan and forms the basis for decisions on land use planning affecting the Isles of Scilly.
- 'Lite Version' Isles of Scilly Local Plan (2015-2030) (large file PDF) (2.6mb) No Pictures or Maps
The Local Plan is also available to download in smaller sections (PDF) as follows:
- Cover contents and introduction
- Spatial Portrait
- Key Issues and Challenges
- Spatial Vision and Strategy
- Promoting a Sustainable Scilly - Policies SS1 - SS10
- Our Outstanding Environment - Policies OE1 - OE7
- Building a Strong Living Community - Policies LC1 - LC9
- Building a Strong Working Community - Policies WC1 - WC5
- Policies Map Isles of Scilly
- Policies Map St Mary's
- Policies Map - St Martins
- Policies Map - St Agnes
- Policies Map - Bryher
- Policies Map - Tresco
You can also access the policies map online which provides the opporutnity to zoom into individual layers and constraints and turn various features on or off. Link to the Online Policies Map.
The Authority received the Inspector's Report on 23rd February 2021. The report concluded that the Local Plan was 'sound' subject to a number of Main Modifications suggested by the Authority. It also set out the Inspector's findings on matters which were discussed during the examination hearing sessions held in January 2020.
Inspector's Report (including the schedule of main modifications).
Following receipt of the Inspector's Report the Authority formally adopted the Local Plan on 25th March 2021.
- Sustainability Appraisal - Scoping Report, Public Consultation - OCT-NOV 2015
- Regulation 18 - Local Plan Review, Public Consultation -JUN-JUL 2015
- Regulation 18 - Draft Local Plan, Public Consultation - MAR-MAY 2018
- Regulation 19 - Pre-Submission Draft Local Plan, Public Consultation - FEB-APR 2019
- Regulation 19 - Submission Draft Local Plan, Public Consultation - AUG-SEPT 2019
- SUBMISSION & EXAMINATION OF THE LOCAL PLAN January 2020