Authority Contract Reference Number WTR 160620
The Council of the Isles of Scilly is seeking to appoint a service provider to remove municipal and commercial olid waste (EWC 20 03 01) in the form of ‘black bag’ waste and shredded bulky waste that has been mechanically treated (EWC 19 12 12), typical of that generated at a Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC). Due to the blending of these two waste streams, the waste is classified as ‘shredded bulky waste that has been mechanically treated’ (EWC 19 12 12). It is estimated that the Council will generate around 600 tonnes of black bag waste/shredded waste during the period of the contract which is to be removed from the Porthmellon Waste Management Site, St Mary’s, Isles of Scilly and this requires transportation to a suitable waste disposal, treatment or recovery site off the islands.
The contract is for a term of 6 months subject to the following options for extension:
1. The Authority may extend the contract value, and term, subject to an agreed Variation, to accommodate an additional volume of Contract Waste up to a maximum quantity of 10% of the initially estimated volume. (i.e.total of 660 tonnes max)
2. The duration of any extension of the Term will be based on the average rate of removal of Contract Waste established throughout the initial Term of the Agreement (reflecting the typical operating pattern of the Agreement), and shall be no less than the average rate of removal set out in the Contractors submission to the Invitation to Tender.
3. The Price for undertaking any additional Services in accordance with an agreed extension will be in accordance with the costs submitted by the Contractor under its tender submission.
4. In no circumstance will any agreed extension exceed a period of two months from the date of agreement to extend (including for reasons of weather delays and delays caused by sea states which effect shipping). i.e. a maximum of 8 months
5. In addition to clauses 47.2 – 47.6 (in the draft contract) the Authority may authorise, at its discretion, an extension to the Term of the Agreement to ensure that the initial volume of Contract Waste has been handled in accordance with the Specification.