Help with your rent and Council Tax payments

The quickest and easiest way to check if you can get help with your rent and Council Tax is to use one of the online calculators below:

Online benefits calculators

Housing Benefit

Housing Benefit is for help with rent payments for those who are:

  • not working
  • on a low income
  • in receipt of other benefits

Since the introduction of Universal Credit not everyone can get Housing Benefit.

See if you’re eligible to receive Universal Credit

If you would like to claim Housing Benefits, call us on 0300 1234 105 (option 1). 

If you experience any problems completing the form please call us on 0300 1234 105 (option 1) for further help.

Council Tax Support

Council Tax Support helps people who have no income or a low income to pay their Council Tax.

We can’t backdate Council Tax Support, so it’s important to apply as soon as possible. If you think you may qualify for Council Tax Support, please contact us on 0300 1234 105 (option 1).