We recognise that some people may prefer to seek initial, general planning advice in person, rather than by phone or email. To make this easier for everyone, we’ve set aside a regular weekly slot when members of the public can book an appointment with the Planning Officer.
For an initial trial period, between 8 January and 26 February 2024, 15-minute appointments will be available to book between 9am and 11am on Monday mornings. During the trial period, all appointments will take place on St Mary’s at the Porthmellon Enterprise Centre. However, if this service proves popular, we will consider expanding the offer.
The Monday sessions are intended to allow the community to raise initial queries only and can be used to ask about the following:
- general advice on planning considerations, policies, and permitted development rights.
- how to apply for planning permission and our requirements for validating planning applications.
- general details about any constraints on or surrounding a site.
- when and how to get information from other authorities if needed (eg. Building Control, Environment Agency, Natural England, Historic England).
- planning application fees.
If you would like to make an appointment to speak to us, please email the planning team at email@example.com, briefly outlining what you would like to ask about so we can prepare to fully answer your questions. If you do not have access to email, you can call 01720 424456 to leave a message with your name and number so we can call you back to confirm a timeslot.
Further information about what to expect from the trial service can be found on the planning pages of our website.