Bulky or Hazardous Waste

Bulky Waste

The Council does not provide a collection service for large, bulky items. Residents wishing to dispose of such items should either take themselves by private vehicle or contact a local haulier  to collect and deliver to the waste site. All costs incurred for the removal of such items will be the responsibility of the householder, not the Council’s. Please be aware that commercial waste charges will apply if a haulier is used to carry and dispose of your household waste. 

Fridges Freezers and other WEEE items

Since January 2003, fridges and freezers as well as other electrical items under the WEEE Directive have to be disposed of as special hazardous waste.

The Porthmelllon Waste & Recycling Site has facilities to receive hazardous electrical items including fridges and freezers. Residents must arrange for these items to be collected and taken to the site.

Clinical Waste Disposal

Clinical waste is any waste that poses a threat of infection to humans. The term also includes drugs or other pharmaceutical products. For disposal arrangements please contact:

St. Mary’s Hospital
St. Mary’s
Isles of Scilly

Tel: 01720 422392