How to Report a Repair?
Accidents and breakages happen. Boilers, gas and electrical points all need maintenance and servicing. We are committed to conducting all repairs we are responsible for quickly, and wherever possible in one visit. We ask you pay similar attention with repairs and maintenance you are responsible for.
To report a repair call us on 01720-424440 or email us at email@example.com
Who is responsible for what?
The Council’s responsibilities
- The structure of and exterior of the building (roofs, ceilings, window frames, external doors, guttering, outside pipes).
- Kitchen and bathroom fixtures (basins, sinks, toilets and baths)
- Council of the Isles of Scilly owned heating and hot water equipment
- Council of the Isles of Scilly owned electrical wiring, gan and water pipes
- Communal areas*, paving, shared gardens, parking areas and rubbish storage areas
- Communal areas* around your home (stairs, lifts, landings, lighting, entrances)
- Interior decoration (painting walls: be aware we may ask you to paint them back to a neutral colour when you leave)
- Minor interior works and repairs i.e light bulbs, fluorescent tubes and fuses
- Maintenance of your garden (if you have one), bushes, hedges and trees*
- Regular ventilation of your property – to prevent damp and mould growth
- Allow us access to conduct servicing of gas, oil, solid fuel, water or heating appliances and chimneys owned by us.