It is everyone's responsibility to make sure that their waste is contained properly to avoid it becoming strewn by the wind and animals and so it doesn't create a nuisance to others and create additional work for our waste & recycling operatives.
Gulls are a valued and protected part of our natural environment, and food waste and packaging can cause harm to adult birds and chicks. Help us to keep the islands safe, clean and beautiful for everyone and our wildlife by containing your waste appropriately.
Reusable seagull proof sacks are now available for delivery. To place an order, (one sack per household,) please email email@example.com or call 0300 1234 105 (option 5).
- They are big enough to fit 2-3 sacks of waste/recycling inside
- Velcro fastening, weighted base, and tie so they won't blow away!
You can also help containerise your waste and recycling by:
- Ensuring lids are on your bins
- Not putting waste out for collection too early (i.e. not the night before)
- Cover waste sacks with old towels, rugs or carpet offcuts work well.